Current News | Archives
Pulaski Tech board to consider athletic program proposal
The Pulaski Technical College Board of Trustees will consider a proposal to establish an intercollegiate athletic program at the college during its regular quarterly meeting Monday, July 7, in the U.S. Bank Community Room on the first floor of the Information Technology Center.
The board meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. The meeting starts at noon.
The Arkansas Junior College Athletic Foundation, a nonprofit organization, submitted the proposal, which calls for establishing a men's football program in 2004 and a women's volleyball program the following year.
By state law, no college or state funds can be used to fund two-year college athletic programs. All funds must be raised from the private sector.
Other board agenda items for consideration include the following:
- proposal for new associate of applied science degrees, technical certificates and certificates of proficiency in crime scene investigation and law enforcement administration;
- proposal for a new technical certificate in cosmetology at the Saline County Career Center;
- proposal to change the name of the Workforce Development Center to the Business and Industry Center;
- proposed policy on solid waste management;
- ratifications of employment for new instructors and requests for provisional positions;
- summer enrollment report;
- title changes for division chairs; and
- continuing education/business outreach report, finance report, public relations and marketing report, early retirement report, technology report and Pulaski Tech Foundation report.
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2200
Copyright 2013 Pulaski Technical College. All Rights Reserved.