|Job Title: ||Veterans Services Advisor (Open Until Filled)|
|Department: ||Admissions and Records|
|Date Posted: ||6/18/2013|
|Job Description: ||Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, Arkansas, the state's largest two-year college, is accepting applications for a full-time Veterans Services Advisor.
1. Assist veteran students with career planning, degree and course selection and map degree by semester from entry to completion.
2. Interpret and articulate ACT or COMPASS test scores and required developmental courses for desired degree.
3. Provide ongoing academic advice and registration assistance each semester to veteran students.
4. Assist students with access to other campus services and resources to include but not limited to counseling, disability services and/or tutoring.
5. Assist veterans with the process of application for financial aid and connect to programs for financial literacy.
6. In collaboration with the office of student life and leadership, develop and provide programs and activities to engage veteran students.
7. Assist/team advise with faculty advisors within divisions as needed and requested.
8. Develop and maintain an online new orientation session for new veteran students.
9. Develop, in cooperation with college seminar faculty, a specific college seminar course for veterans.
10. Work collaboratively with the College Veterans Upward Bound program to assist student to transition from VUB to Veterans Services.
|Minimum Requirements: ||Qualifications
1. Master?s degree required, preferably in Student Personnel Services or Counseling.
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Customer and solutions oriented with a strong commitment to customer service while maintaining compliance with policies.
4. Commitment to the mission of a comprehensive two-year college and an understanding of the different components of a student services operation.
5. Must be able to articulate and execute public speaking at a level students can understand and learn.
Must be willing to work evenings and weekends during peak advising and registration periods.
|Benefits: ||Comprehensive benefits package to include life insurance, health insurance, vacation, sick leave, retirement and tuition waiver for full-time benefits eligible employees.|
|Contact Info: ||Interested candidates should submit a Pulaski Technical College employment application, cover letter, resume and copies of unofficial transcripts to Pulaski Technical College, Office of Human Resources, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118.
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2200
Copyright 2016 Pulaski Technical College. All Rights Reserved.