|Job Title: ||Academic Advisor|
|Department: ||Advising and Career Services|
|Date Posted: ||9/5/2013|
|Closing Date: ||9/19/2013|
|Job Description: ||Academic advisors assist students in the clarification of their life/career goals and in the development of educational plans. Academic Advisors support the decision-making process of students and help students in realizing their maximum educational potential through communication and information. The advisor serves as a facilitator of communication, a coordinator of learning experiences through course and career planning and program progress review, and is an agent of referral to other campus services as necessary.
1. Academic Advising to include the following:
a. Provide academic and career advising to current, new, and transfer students throughout the year
b. Provide career exploration activities
c. Provide group advising and registration activities
d. Provide individual advising in collaboration with faculty
e. Participate in activities sponsored by Advising & Career Services
f. Assist undecided students to select a major and map a plan to degree completion
g. Assist students with resources and activities for job preparation and job seeking
h. Help students examine their interests, abilities, and styles and connecting to career choices
2. Interpret and articulate ACT or COMPASS test scores and required developmental courses for desired degree.
3. Assist students with access to other campus services and resources to include but not limited to counseling, disability services and/or tutoring.
4. Demonstrate the ability to develop and provide programs and activities to engage students; thereby increasing student retention and persistence.
5. Assist/team advise with faculty advisors within divisions as needed and requested.
6. Participate in development and delivery of training for part time advisors and faculty advisors.
|Minimum Requirements: ||Qualifications
1. Master?s degree required; Student Personnel Services or Counseling preferred.
2. Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
3. Customer and solutions oriented with a strong commitment to customer service while maintaining compliance with policies.
4. Commitment to the mission of a comprehensive two-year college and an understanding of the different components of a student services operation.
5. Must be able to articulate and execute public speaking at a level students can understand and learn.
|Preferred Qualifications: ||Requirements
Must be willing to work evenings and weekends during peak registration periods. Regular office hours will include two evenings until 6:00 PM (either Tuesday or Wednesday) during peak registration times
|Benefits: ||Comprehensive benefits package to include life insurance, health insurance, vacation, sick leave, retirement and tuition waiver for full-time benefits eligible employees.|
|Contact Info: ||Interested candidates should submit a Pulaski Technical College employment application, resume and unofficial college transcripts to: Pulaski Technical College, Office of Human Resources, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118.
Applications available on line at http://www.pulaskitech.edu/employment_opportunities/
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2200
Copyright 2013 Pulaski Technical College. All Rights Reserved.