Off Campus Access
- Only currently enrolled students and current faculty and staff can access the databases from off campus. Student information is added at the beginning of each semester, if you registered late, you may have to wait a day or two to access the databases.
- Are you using the correct login and password? Students: Your ID is your nine-digit Student Identification number, which is printed on the back of your student ID card and can be found under the "Account Status" link in Campus Connect. Your PIN is your 8-digit birth date; example: If your birth date is February 9, 1973, then you would type in 02091973. Faculty/Staff: Your ID will be your first initial and last name all in lower case. The PIN for faculty and staff is your Employee ID number, which can be found under "Faculty and Staff" in the PTC Portal.
If Ezproxy accepts your user ID and PIN, but you still can not get any further, refer to the suggestions below. All configurations are for the most common browsers and for Windows computers.
- If you are having problems accessing a database from a link within Blackboard, try this: go to the library's homepage; click "Databases A to Z"; then select the appropriate database from the alphabetical list.
- From work, you might check with your IT staff. Most places of employment have firewalls or other security features, which prevent access to our databases.
- From home, do you have firewall software, such as Norton Internet Security, Norton Personal Firewall, or Symantec Desktop Firewall, on your personal computer? Such software can prevent access to our databases. You will need to consult your software manual and/or contact their technical support for help in changing settings or disabling your software so that you can access our proxy server.
- Adobe Reader - Many articles in the library's databases are in PDF format. If a PDF full text article will not display, you may need to download an updated version of Adobe Reader. Download the latest version from the Adobe Reader website.
- When you open a PDF article, if you get a pop-up message, always allow Adobe Reader to open the file and/or accept Adobe's terms and conditions.
If, after following these steps, you are not able to connect to the databases call the Library at (501) 812-2272, (501) 812-2218, or (501) 812-2274. If it is after hours, Ask a Librarian.
>Back to Library
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2200
Copyright 2013 Pulaski Technical College. All Rights Reserved.