To benefit from our FREE educational services you must meet a few simple
- have at least 180 days of active duty service, or---
- if less than 180 days, must be released for medical reasons, or---
- be member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces called to active duty
for a period of more than 30 days, or---
- be a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces who served on
active duty in support of a contingency operation on or after Sept. 11,
- all discharges qualify except dishonorable.
All participants must be either low-income (based on family income and
number of dependents) or potential first-generation college students
(neither parent earned a four-year degree) or be a veteran at risk of
- All participants must demonstrate academic potential as well as have
academic need. Not all students have the same needs. Some students require
academic and computer coursework to refresh their skills, while others need
assistance with the process of enrolling in college.
- All participants must have the desire and willingness to learn.
If you are not sure if you qualify, give us a call at (501) 812-2810, and we
will be glad to explain the eligibility requirements in further detail.
When to apply?
As soon as possible! The main goal of this program is to prepare veterans for
beginning, or returning to, postsecondary education. The ideal time to begin the
program is at least one semester before you want to start your college or
>Back to Veterans Upward Bound