Academic Assessment CommitteeThe Academic Assessment Committee (AAC) of Pulaski Technical College exists to provide guidance to the college administration and board of trustees, through the Quality Council, on all elements of the academic mission of the college aimed at student success. The AAC will focus on instructional program evaluation and improvement, curricula alignment, with the objective of maximizing student learning outcomes and student achievement. The AAC’s role is to promote the development and maintenance of the college wide assessment plan. The goal is to develop a documented, organized, and sustained assessment process to meet external accountability demands while focusing on the intrinsic value of assessment as a means of improving student learning. Activities of the AAC include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Use assessment results to develop a plan of action to improve student learning.
- Provide evidence that student learning assessment information is shared and discussed with appropriate stakeholders and is used to improve teaching and learning.
- Establish and revise the criteria/timelines as needed to improve the assessment process.
- Provide feedback to programs to improve their assessment processes in order to enhance student learning.
- Identify common questions, concerns, and/or areas of interest for professional development opportunities in the area of student learning assessment.
- Review, analyze, and synthesize program and institutional data and make recommendations to the appropriate committee, department, or division.