How to get involved…
Criteria for Selection
- Strongly professed interest and commitment to serve the Pulaski Technical College community beyond the training period.
- Willingness to devote time to Leadership Pulaski Tech in terms of attendance and field projects during the training program.
- An occupational commitment to remain in Leadership Pulaski Tech or little likelihood of transfer in the immediate future.
- Demonstration of leadership skills and abilities on the job.
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills and a tendency to be proactive on issues of concern to the college community.
- Community and/or civic service leadership as evidenced by the breadth and level of involvement in non-employment-related volunteer activities; or demonstration of interest in becoming more involved.
- Ability to make a substantive contribution to the program, both in terms of issues and projects, as well as networking with peers.
The Leadership Pulaski Tech Steering Committee will give careful attention to choosing a class that represents a cross-section of the college community. Those not selected for participation will be encouraged to reapply in the future.
The Leadership Pulaski Tech program consists of eight full-day sessions. They will be held alternately on the third Wednesday and Thursday of the month from September to April. There is also a required overnight orientation/retreat prior to the first session. Some sessions will be conducted by the class members themselves and will require planning time over and above scheduled class time. Additional projects may be assigned. Program participants are expected to attend each monthly session. While emergencies do arise, any participant missing more than 16 hours of scheduled events, for whatever reason, shall be automatically dropped from the program.