Pulaski Tech and the Clean Air on Campus Act
- As of August 1, 2010, the “Clean Air on Campus Act” will prohibit smoking on each campus of state supported institutions of higher education.
- As a state supported institution of higher education, Pulaski Technical College is obliged to uphold the law; therefore all students, faculty, staff, administrators, guests and vendors must refrain from smoking while on campus property.
- The law defines “campus” as “all property, including buildings and grounds that are owned or operated by a state supported institution of higher education.”
- An individual or campus subject to the smoking prohibitions shall not discriminate or retaliate in any manner against a person for making a complaint of a violation or furnishing information concerning a violation to a person, campus or governing authority.
- Violators may face fines ranging from $100-$500.