Timesheets must be completed, in blue or black ink, with utmost care.
- Complete top portion of timesheet: NAME, EMPLOYEE ID NUMBER, PAY PERIOD AND DEPARTMENT.
- Enter the date next to the day of the week. Ex: Monday 11-17
- Extra labor or work study timesheets should record their actual time in and time out to the nearest quarter hour. Ex: 8:00, 8:15, 8:30, 8:45. Military time is not acceptable.†
- Total the hours worked:† by day, by week and then for the pay period. Hours are calculated to the nearest 100th.
15 minutes = .25
30 minutes = .50
45 minutes = .75
- Individuals working over 6 hours are required to take a minimum of 30 minutes away from their duties for a meal period.†This should be reflected on the timesheet.
- Timesheets must be signed and dated by both employee and supervisor. It is the supervisorís responsibility to check the timesheets thoroughly and make sure timesheets are legible, complete and accurate before signing.
- Timesheets must be turned in by the supervisor (not the employee) or forwarded to the payroll office via campus mail. Timesheets are due on the Friday after pay day.
- Incorrect timesheets will be returned to the supervisor for corrections. This may cause a delay in pay. (#5. above is the top reason a timesheet is returned)
Additional Timesheet Guidelines
- It is the supervisorís responsibility to ensure timesheets are received by the due date, as long as the employee has correctly completed the timesheet and turned it in on time to the supervisor.
- Timesheets received after 4:30 p.m. on the Monday following the due date for timesheets may not be processed with the current payroll.
- Hours reported on timesheets received late will be added to the next scheduled payroll, unless the next exception payroll will be earlier. (Example: If the timesheet is due Friday, April 11, but is received after 4:30 p.m. Monday, April 14, the employee will be paid May 7, instead of April 23, the scheduled pay day for the 3/30/08-4/12/08 pay period.)
- All supervisors will be notified of late timesheets. The notification will include the date the employee will be paid for the late timesheet.†
- †It is the supervisorís responsibility to notify the employee of the actual pay date.
All PTC pay schedules are posted on the website under Faculty/Staff and Payroll. Please note there are four pay schedules posted (full-time, adjunct, extra-labor, and work-study) so make sure you view the correct schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact Susie Claridge at (501) 812-2208 or by e-mail at†firstname.lastname@example.org