Application Procedures for First-Time College Students
Students planning to attend PTC who have never attended any other college or university should submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- A completed application for admission.
- An official high school transcript with a graduation date and a cumulative grade point average or official General Education Development (GED) assessment scores. Non-degree/non-certificate seeking students who have not completed high school or the General Education Development (GED) assessment wishing to take a limited number of classes (up to 12 credit hours) for personal or skill enrichment should contact the Dean of Enrollment Services for approval. Financial aid is not available for non-degree or/or non-certificate seeking students.
- Proof of 2 MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) immunizations given on or after the students first birthday and on or after January 1, 1968 as required by state law.
- ACT or COMPASS scores no more than five years old. The COMPASS is administered on campus by Testing Services.
- Students who are U.S. citizens but were born in another country are required to submit proof of tuberculosis screening as required by state law.
All Pulaski Tech students who have never attended any college are required to participate in new student orientation. Students planning to begin classes in fall 2012 should plan to attend a new student orientation session during the early registration period from July 10-August 8. Transfer students, non-degree seeking students and returning PTC students are not required to attend. At orientation, students will receive information about how to be a successful student and the services offered at PTC. Students will also meet with an academic advisor to develop a schedule and register for classes. If you are a new PTC student who has never attended any college and has completed the application for admission and submitted all required documents, click here to register for an orientation session.
All certificate or degree seeking students should apply for financial aid as soon as possible. Click here for more information. Students registering during early registration from July 10-August 8 must have submitted a signed financial aid award letter, paid in full or established a payment plan by 4 p.m. on August 8 in order to secure their registration. Students registering for classes during late registration must pay by 6 p.m. on the day of registration. Click here for information concerning payment options.
Acceptance to the college does not ensure admission to a particular course or program of study. Students preparing for admission to allied health programs, cosmetology, or the Pulaski Technical College Arkansas Culinary School should follow the links below to familiarize themselves with specific admission requirements.
Other Important Information:
Admissions and Records
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2231
Fax: (501) 812-2316