Career Services adds value to your educational experience by providing comprehensive and accessible service to students, alumni and members of the community. Career Services can help with choosing a major, finding employment, changing careers, re-entering the workforce and hiring a student employee.
Career Services Objectives
- Initiate career planning at the beginning of the academic career
- Provide guidance in the decision making process when choosing a major or career
- Understand the relationship between personal dynamics (personality, interest, values and skills) and choosing a career field
- Understand the relationship between your degree/certificate program and your career goals
- Develop a career plan (Individual Education-career Plan –IEP) that is tailored to your specific goals
- Develop and improve job search skills to enhance employment opportunities
- Increase networking opportunities and knowledge of local business and industry
- Encourage experiential experiences such as volunteerism and internships
- Prepare students for success in the work force
- Engage local businesses in the campus community
The Kuder Career Assessment is an online career assessment that sets the standard recognized by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education, WorkForce Education and the Arkansas Association of Two Year Colleges. The Kuder Career Assessment assesses ones interest, values and skills and correlates them with a variety of career fields. Students explore occupations equipping them to make informed career decisions. Taking the Kuder Career Assessment is the first step to self-discovery and learning about the world of work.
Arkansas Department of Workforce Services
Individual and group counseling is offered to assist students in the
pre-decision stage of choosing a major or career. Identifying barriers, making
referrals, locating resources and implementing strategies for success are some
of the components covered in the counseling session.
The best way to reach a career advisor is by email or phone. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-812-2220. Students can also set up an appointment through their PTC Portal..
Student Work Study Program
Being a work-study student is the perfect place to build professional skills.