Saline County Adult Education Center
The Saline County Adult Education Center operates on an open-entry/open-exit
basis. A student can enroll anytime during the year during an orientation class
and exit when his/her goals are achieved. All classes and materials are offered
free of charge to students without regard to race, religion, creed, nationality,
disabilities, or gender. Proof of age is required to enroll.
All courses lead to one objective: upgrading the adult’s educational level so that he/she can become a more productive member of society. Courses include GED® preparation, basic skills upgrade, Microsoft IT Academy, and English as a second language.
Saline County Adult Education Center is governed by Pulaski Technical College, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas, 72118 (501-812-2200.) The program is funded by the Arkansas Department of Career Education. All instructors hold current Arkansas Teaching Certificates.
Saline County Adult Education Center is committed to fulfilling all federal requirements of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments of 2008.
Monday, Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Pulaski Technical College makes every effort to meet special accommodation and access needs. For information on specific accommodations for individuals with disabilities, contact Yvonne Dougherty or Janice Housley, the ADA Coordinators for Saline County Adult Education Center, (501) 778-3235.
Pulaski Technical College is committed to the policy of providing equal
opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate in employment, admissions,
programs, or any other educational functions and services on the basis of sex,
disability, age, race, national origin, color or religion.
A new student must complete on orientation class that meets on Tuesday from either 1-4:30 p.m. or 4:30 -7:30 p.m. that includes these steps:
- Complete an Application.
- Determine Goals and an Individualized Learning Plan.
- Show proof of age (a picture ID such as a Driver’s License is preferred).
- Complete the Locator and T.A.B.E. (Test of Adult Basic Education) Assessments.
- Once the orientation class has been completed, the student can attend instructional classes.
- Students must post-test with the T.A.B.E. after mandated hours of classroom instruction and/or before the GED® Ready Test is administered.
- Show a copy of your Social Security Card.
Safety and Security
- Do not leave valuables out in the open on your desk or in your car. We have lockers for your use. Pulaski Technical College Saline County Adult Education Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If something is stolen from you while on campus, notify the director or instructor. The Benton Police Department will be called.
- If you have been harassed, threatened, attacked or bullied, immediately report it to an instructor or the director and/or dial 9-1-1.
- If you have a conflict with another student, report it to an instructor or the director. You can file a written grievance report with the director within five (5) days of the incident. The director will take appropriate action.
- If you do not drive, make arrangements to be picked up at the time that the center closes. The staff members of Saline County Adult Education Center are not required to stay with you while you wait for your ride.
GED® Test Procedure
If clients don’t want to enroll as a student they can:
- Make an appointment to take the GED Ready with the Director. The cost is $24. (You cannot be enrolled in any K-12 system when you take the GED Ready or GED® Test.)
- Once a student has passed the GED Ready, the student must register online at ged.com to schedule the Official GED. The cost for 2014 is $16.
Note: Students who are ages 16 and 17 and don’t want to enroll but want to take the GED Ready/ GED® Test) cannot be enrolled in any K-12 school system. They must present the appropriate identification and paperwork (notarized intent to home school, school waiver, etc.)
Pulaski Technical College GED Scholarship
Students can take free sample GED Ready Tests at
They can get more information at
If a student wishes to enroll to study, policies and procedures remain the same. If you want the state to pay for the GED READY Test, you will have to score 9.5 in all three areas of the TABE A Level and have 12+ hours of classroom instruction. Saline County Adult Education Center will give vouchers to enrolled students for all four sections on the initial GED Ready Test who have a 10.5 + score on all three areas of TABE Level A. After the initial GED READY test(s), Saline County Adult Education Center will give vouchers to enrolled students for two additional GED Ready Tests. After that, students will have to pay for additional GED Ready Tests and according to testing guidelines.
To take the test in Arkansas, clients must be legal residents of Arkansas which has been defined as “a person who spends most of his/her time in Arkansas, who pays property taxes, or who possesses a valid Arkansas driver’s license” (p. 3 Arkansas Program Policies for the administration of the GED® Test.)
Test takers must present a valid id: military ids, valid driver’s licenses, passports or other valid forms of government-issued ids.
Pulaski Technical College
Saline County Adult Education Program
Benton, Arkansas 72019