Pulaski Tech's English Department is sponsoring a Student Essay Contest,
and submissions will be accepted until March 5.
Personal essays on the theme of education or literacy must be 750-1,000 words in length and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org in a .docx., .odt., .doc, or .rtf format with name, address and e-mail.
Winners will be announced on April 17 at the Celebrating Students Milestones awards program at 6 p.m. in the Campus Center Grand Hall. The first-place winner will receive tuition for a three-hour course and publication in Milestones. The second-place winner will receive a $75 PTC Bookstore gift certificate, and the third-place winner will receive a $25 bookstore certificate.
Suggested topics for the personal narrative-style essay include the following:
- Why literacy and reading matters to you personally or the community in general
- The inspirational role that someone has played in your education
- How a book or author has played an important role in your life
- Your most inspirational moment in your education at PTC
- Why you returned to school
The Student Essay Contest is sponsored by the PTC English Department.