Thirteen students in the Career Pathways program at Pulaski Tech will begin summer internships next week at Central Arkansas area businesses.
The students participated in a half-day orientation on May 31 to prepare for their upcoming internships, which begin Monday and continue through June 29.
The students will work up to 24 hours per week at their respective jobs:
Student and their internship assignments include the following:
- Marsha Cartwright of Conway: Arkansas Insurance
- Crystal Corbin of Jacksonville: Girl Scouts of America
- Shearee Jones of Little Rock: Law Offices of Simmons and Smith
- Katrina King of North Little Rock: Central Arkansas Development Council
- Michelle Philmon of North Little Rock:Whitwell & Ryles Law Firm
- Kanetra Rose of Little Rock: FirstStaffing
- Derrica Shaw of North Little Rock: Greek 4 Life
- Dorinda Shelton of Little Rock: Greek 4 Life
- Donna Steward of North Little Rock: Arkansas Dept. of Health/Central Public Health Region
- Kelly Stewart of Little Rock: Central Arkansas Development Council
- Dedra Thornton of Little Rock: Michael Booker Law Firm
- Bertie Walker of Jacksonville: Single Parent Scholarship
- Whitney Wesley of Maumelle: Girl Scouts of America
Career Pathways provides support services and direct financial assistance to parents who want to increase their education and employability.
To be eligible parents must meet certain income requirements and have custody of at least one child under the age of 19 who is living at home. In addition, some parents may qualify for financial aid to assist with childcare, transportation, and tuition, books, and other direct educational expenses.
For more information about the Career Pathways program at Pulaski Tech, call (501) 812-2725.