Degree Matters is an initiative to increase the number of Arkansans with
Associate’s Degrees. There are approximately 6,000 Arkansans that have completed
at least 75% of the courses required to earn an Associate’s Degree. Degree
Matters is reaching out to these Arkansans in order to gain consent to collect
all transcripts and complete a thorough review of coursework.
An Associate’s Degree can mean increased salary and career opportunities.
Also, Associate’s Degree completers are not required to take additional freshmen
or sophomore level general education courses after transferring to a four-year
Participants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Enrolled at any Arkansas Associate’s Degree granting public college or
university between fall 1994 and fall 2013
- Completed at least 15 general education transfer courses
- Did not complete a degree as of fall 2013
- Participants for whom we have contact information will be notified via mail
- They will be given a unique code that they will enter on www.degreematters.org.
- The code will allow them to confirm their identity, update contact information, and consent to the exchange and review of their transcripts.
- Those who have completed the required coursework will be awarded an Associate’s Degree.
- Those who have not will be given information on the steps needed to complete the
* Students also have the option to search for their name on the Degree Matters website and, if a matching name is found, submit an inquiry on how to receive a
* Students who do not receive a code and cannot find their name on the website should contact the college or university of their choice for information on how to complete a degree.
Additional information is available by visiting www.degreematters.org
For more information contact Kristen Chadwick at
Kellye Mashburn at email@example.com