|Job Title: ||Part-Time Instructors/Tutors|
|Department: ||Veteran's Upward Bound|
|Date Posted: ||9/18/2012|
|Job Description: ||Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, Arkansas, the state's largest two-year college, is accepting applications for part-time Professional Instructors/Tutors.
The VUB Instructor/Tutor works under the overall guidance of the VUB Academic Coordinator. The mission of the Veterans Upward Bound program is to assist eligible veterans and service members in reaching their desired goals of successfully completing a post-secondary education. The instructor/tutor will assist students to address their academic challenges and offer guidance on balancing their home, work and school life.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: • Works in the VUB tutoring lab and classroom to provide individual and group tutoring for VUB participants in various core subjects.
• Regularly meets with assigned participants to monitor progress and to reassess needs.
• Provides academic planning and scheduling support for each participant.
• Develops relationships with faculty and staff to promote referral of eligible students to VUB.
• Provides all necessary data for the evaluation of the VUB project.
• Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
|Minimum Requirements: ||The formal education equivalent of a Master's degree in education, adult education or a related field. |
|Preferred Qualifications: ||Two years of work experience teaching college-level or college-remedial courses and a background similar to target population is desirable. |
|Contact Info: ||Interested candidates should submit a Pulaski Technical College employment application, resume and unofficial college transcripts to: Pulaski Technical College, Office of Human Resources, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118. AA/EOE|