|Job Title: ||Instructor of Education Fall 2013|
|Date Posted: ||2/25/2013|
|Closing Date: ||3/7/2013|
|Job Description: ||Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, Arkansas, one of the state's fastest-growing two-year colleges, is accepting applications for a full-time, nine-month faculty position in Education. This position requires a commitment to teaching in a dynamic community college setting and the ability to successfully interact and respond to the broad ranging needs of an academically and culturally diverse campus setting. The successful candidate will join our instructional team in August 2013. Other responsibilities of this position include:
Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of the teaching field and understanding of current trends and dynamics of today's classroom. Preferred candidate should have recent higher education teaching experience; exhibit a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and effectiveness, a student-centered approach to education, and a commitment to student development in and outside of the classroom. Candidate must also have ability to communicate and work effectively with students, college faculty and staff, and the community, state agencies and four-year universities. The candidate will teach classes in the Early Childhood Development and Teacher Education programs, be the primary academic advisor for students in the early childhood and K-8 education program degrees, assist with scheduling, budgeting, course development, assessment activities, conduct field observations and other duties as assigned. Candidate must have Early Childhood Education Program state trainer certificates, or be willing to immediately obtain them during the summer of 2013 or immediately thereafter. Additional duties:
• Assesses the student's stage of development (academic, career and personal) and promotes student growth
• Assists students with establishing realistic and attainable academic and career goals
• Advises student on academic, career and personal issues, identifies the education and career options appropriate for each student and assists in the analysis of each option
• Has knowledge of college core courses and developmental courses that are required prior to taking college credit courses
• Has knowledge and understanding of various options for the AAT, AAS and AA degrees
• Available to students to prepare degree plans and schedule courses for each semester
• Conducts information sessions with the Education Career Seminar course
• Checks unofficial transcripts
• Monitors students' eligibility requirements for the AAT and AAS programs (current TB test, clear maltreatment for abuse, clear criminal backgrounds)
• Works with Education instructors to contact local public and private schools to arrange for observation sites for students
• Maintains student files and records
• Documents all pertinent student information
• Works with program director to complete forms for curriculum changes to PTC's Academic Affairs committee
• Works with program director to complete forms for degree plan changes to ADHE
• Willingness to be trained in all aspects of student advising and related areas.
|Minimum Requirements: ||Minimum Qualifications:
Masters degree in Education with at least 18 graduate hours in Early Childhood Education.
Preference will be given to candidates that can teach in other educational levels as well as Birth through 8th grade preservice teachers. Preference will also be given to candidates that have knowledge of CDA credentialing and have early childhood state trainer certificates.
Candidates must have flexibility to teach day, evening, and weekend classes, as well as online. Teaching assignments may also include courses on other PTC campuses, off-campus sites and involve alternative delivery methods. Maintenance of office hours and committee service is also required.
|Benefits: ||Comprehensive benefits package to include life insurance, health insurance, sick leave, retirement and tuition waiver for full-time benefits eligible employees.|
|Contact Info: ||Interested candidates should submit a Pulaski Technical College application, letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial copies of transcripts, and three professional references to: Pulaski Technical College, Office of Human Resources, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118 AA/EOE|