|Job Title: ||Counselor (Open Until Filled)|
|Department: ||Student Services|
|Date Posted: ||6/18/2013|
|Job Description: ||Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, Arkansas, the state's largest two-year college, is accepting applications for a full-time Counselor.
This position will be responsible for ensuring mental health services/resources for student's at all three campus locations.
1. Provide social and academic counseling to a diverse two year college student population. Assist students with identifying positive and preventative behaviors to overcome barriers to success.
2. Serve and participate as a PTC representative on Arkansas Collegiate Drug Education Committee (ACDEC):
a. Assist and coordinate activities on campus sponsored by ACDEC
b. Compile and maintain substance and drug abuse information and referral sources
c. Assist other campus divisions and departments to promote healthy, preventative, drug free lifestyle activities for students
3. Serve as a campus liaison and referral source to community agencies providing social services to students.
4. Provide information, resources and preventative lifestyle training to faculty and staff through the PTC website, classroom and campus presentations and individual consultations to assist with student issues that impact classroom success.
5. Design and deliver activities to promote positive mental health such as health screenings, workshops to promote stress management, anger management and other healthy lifestyle issues.
6. Assist with programming of activities to address the needs of special population students such as single parents, veterans, students from various socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and first generation college students.
7. Provide academic advising.
8. Serve on appropriate campus committees.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
|Minimum Requirements: ||Qualifications
1. Minimum of a Masterís degree in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field.
2. Ability to apply counseling theory within the framework of the two year college setting.
3. Sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of the two year college student.
4. Experience in a higher education setting preferred.
|Preferred Qualifications: ||Preferred Qualifications:
Masterís degree with Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW), or Licensed Practical Counselor (LPC), or Certified Rehab Counselor (CRC) or working toward licensure to be obtained within one year of hire date.
|Benefits: ||Comprehensive benefits package to include life insurance, health insurance, vacation, sick leave, retirement and tuition waiver for full-time benefits eligible employees.|
|Contact Info: ||Interested candidates should submit a Pulaski Technical College employment application, cover letter, resume and copies of unofficial transcripts to Pulaski Technical College, Office of Human Resources, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118.