Library Services for Patrons with Disabilities
- American Sign Language Video Cassettes are on reserve at the Circulation desk. They are available for viewing in the Library’s AV study rooms on the second floor of the library.
- A large print brochure of Library services is available at the Circulation Desk.
- ADA Study rooms and computers are available on each floor of the Library. The first-floor ADA Study room has ABBY FineReader installed, and the second-floor ADA Study room contains a CCTV. Both rooms have JAWS and Zoom Text.
- JAWS is a screen reader program. It reads the content on the computer screen to the user.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking is a program that transcribes spoken words into written text. Dragon can also compose and send email, search the Web, save files, switch windows, launch applications, and more using only spoken words.
- Zoom Text is a screen enlarging program. It magnifies the materials on the screen making it easier to see.
- ABBY FineReader is an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) program that scans the screen and recognizes the characters present. It is used to turn scanned images into PDF or Word documents, and can also be used to turn PDF documents into Word documents.
- CCTV stands for Closed Circuit Television. It utilizes a video camera to capture images and displays them on a television screen. The CCTV can zoom in on materials to make them easier to view.
- Reference: Librarians are available to help you with the research process. Ottenheimer Library phone (501) 812-2272, Little Rock South Library phone (501) 812-2878, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or personal assistance is available, and appointments may be scheduled if more intensive help is needed.
- Instruction: The Library offers a variety of information literacy instructions. Most instructions are scheduled at the instructor’s request. Drop-in Library workshops (Crash Courses) on specific research topics are offered periodically throughout the semester. If assistance is necessary for a Library workshop, please contact the library via telephone or e-mail 3-5 days in advance so accommodations can be planned for and provided.
- Item Retrieval: Library staff is available to assist patrons in retrieving materials from the shelves. For assistance, please visit the Circulation Desk or call Ottenheimer Library (501) 812-2272, Ottenheimer-South Library (501) 812-2878, e-mail LibraryStaff@pulaskitech.edu, or use the Ask a Librarian Link.
Can't find what you need? Ask A Librarian.