Some of our online courses require the purchase of an access code in addition to the required textbook. The reason that you may need to purchase an access code is that the publishers have provided the content and support for your course. Access code fees usually range from $25-60, which can be purchased with a credit card. Blackboard accepts MasterCard and Visa only.
If you do not have a credit card, you should make other arrangements for payment. The division chair for your course or your instructor will be able to help you with alternative arrangements. Additionally, the cost of access codes is sometimes not covered by financial aid. Any questions or concerns about access codes should be directed to your instructor first.
If your class requires an access code, you will see this message below the link to enter your class, “You need an access code to enter this course. Click the course title and enter your access code.”
1. Click the title to enter.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the License Agreement.
3. Click Accept to agree to the License Agreement.
4. Enter your Access Code.
5. Click the Submit Access Code button.
Purchasing an Access Code
1. Log into the MYPTC Portal and go into Blackboard.
2. Click on the title of your class.
3. Look in the right pane for the message, “Purchasing and Using Access Codes.”
4. You will then be able to click on the blue link in the sentence, “You can purchase a Student Access code online.” (Click on the word online.)
5. Fill out the billing and credit card information, and complete the transaction.
6. After you receive your access code, you should follow the logging on instructions for your online course.