How to Qualify
- Participants must
- have at least 180 days of active duty service, or---
- if less than 180 days, must be released for medical reasons, or---
- be member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces called to active duty for a period of more than 30 days, or---
- be a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces who served on active duty in support of a contingency operation on or after Sept. 11, 2001.
- all discharges qualify except dishonorable.
- All participants must be either low-income (based on family income and number of dependents) or potential first-generation college students (neither parent earned a four-year degree) or be a veteran at risk of academic failure.
- All participants must demonstrate academic potential as well as have academic need. Not all students have the same needs. Some students require academic and computer coursework to refresh their skills, while others need assistance with the process of enrolling in college.
- All participants must have the desire and willingness to learn.
If you are not sure if you qualify, give us a call at (501) 812-2810, and we will be glad to explain the eligibility requirements in further detail.When to apply?
As soon as possible! The main goal of this program is to prepare veterans for beginning, or returning to, postsecondary education. The ideal time to begin the program is at least one semester before you want to start your college or vocational-technical classes.